It can take time to adjust to a new food, and we want to make it as easy as possible for your dog. Here are some tips to make those first few meals easier:
- Use a microwave – Pop the food in the microwave for a few seconds to release the aromas. Just make sure you don’t use a metal dish!
- Add hot water – Pour a little hot water (not boiling) over the food to soften the texture and release those tasty smells.
- Add flavour – Add a splash of diluted marmite or low salt gravy to add a new level of interest.
- Avoid treats – If you’re constantly feeding your dog treats, they won’t have an appetite to try the new food. Cut out treats altogether while they make the switch.
- Add wet food – Wet food makes a great topper to dry kibble. Mix in a spoonful of wet food to make the food more interesting. We've got a mouthwatering range of 15 different recipes, see How can I add tails.com wet food to my order?
- Try a different flavour – If your dog still doesn’t like their new food, we can create a new recipe with different tastes that are still nutritionally optimised for them. See How do I change the flavour of my dog's tails.com recipe? Or get in touch and we'll be happy to help.